“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

- Mark Twain

Monday, July 11

One Week


I will be in Australia one week from today.

I feel like I have 8 million things to do before I leave and no time to do any of it.  If you know me then you know that I love to pack but that it stresses me out.  I’ve made list upon list of what I need to pack and what I need to do before I leave.  And as if packing for a 5-month trip isn’t hard enough, I’ve got to pack my stuff in Ann Arbor and in Boston before I can fly out.

I officially leave July 15th to study at the University of Sydney in - you guessed it - Sydney, Australia.  I’m both extremely excited and anxious about this trip.  I’ve lived far away from home before, 800 miles between Ann Arbor and Boston, but that’s nothing compared to the 9,450 miles between Ann Arbor and Sydney.  This is ultimately why I chose Australia.  It’s a country so far away that I will probably never have another chance to visit it.  So, one of my goals for while I’m there is to go everywhere and see everything.  And through this blog I’ll share all of my Aussie adventures with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment