“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

- Mark Twain

Monday, September 5

Royal National Park

It’s been a while since my last post.  I figure I should fill you all in on what I’ve been up to.  School has been a little crazy and I had a visitor to entertain so I’ve been plenty busy.

Two weekends ago, August 26th I think it was, a group of us venture off to Royal National Park.  It’s this huge national park right along the shore, just south of Sydney.  We got up horribly early for a Friday, 8am to be exact haha, and got ready for a day of fun.  The trip there wasn’t bad.  I think it took us about 45 minutes total, 30 on the train and 15 on the ferry.  We were dropped off at the dock just outside of town and had to venture through a neighborhood to find the trail we had planned on taking.

We were a little ambitious in planning this.  The trail we picked was 14km long (just under 9 miles).  But whatever, it was clearly the best choice as it took us right along the cliffs and we ended at the beach.  I had expected it to be a rough hike but it really wasn’t bad.  For the most part the trail was flat, my only complaint is that it was a little muddy and I didn’t really wear the right shoes (my converse are very sad looking right now).  All in all it was a great day. Check out the pictures of our adventure below.

The trail ahead

So many pictures

Just one of the many paths of mud

Cliffs

Stefano and I at Cheesecake Rock

Fishing at the beach

Antonio chillin' out on the sweet rocks

We finally made it to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment